WRITE FOR US.
Join the FIT4MOM storytellers’ community. Our village. Our safe place for you to come on over, get cozy and curl up, grab a glass of coffee or wine, and browse through articles and resources that feel like home to you. That give you the “Oh my gosh; I’m so not alone!” feeling.
The motherhood is real, and it takes a village to raise littles. By writing, we share stories, and by sharing stories, we create a place filled with love, support, and reassurance. Through sharing stories of our motherhood and our journey as parents, we offer support and an opportunity to connect and empower other moms, dads, expecting parents, and humans, in general...
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR AS CONTRIBUTORS
Your writing style is fresh and fun, accepting and free of judgement; it’s candid, genuine, and comes from the heart. You embody a modern view on parenting, can be slightly sassy, are a boss mom, dad, or parent, and have the ability to write about topics that make a difference, an impact, or just plain ‘ol give our readers the warm-and-fuzzies, goosies, or make them smile and laugh. If you’re any or all of those things, we can’t wait to hear from you; you’re the nut butter to our [healthy] jelly!
- Featured pieces must be at least 400 words and no more than 1500 words.
- To be considered as a contributing FIT4MOM writer, please submit your grammatically correct + proofread/cleanly edited pieces, hereby known as “Submitted Content” WITH AT LEAST 3 high-quality, modern photographed images to: CONTRIBUTE@FIT4MOM.COM
- FIT4MOM has the right to edit, modify, and delete Submitted Content without notice to best fit our community’s style and vision.
- FIT4MOM has the right to use our own imagery in all Submitted Content.
- ANY photos submitted must be fully owned by you and have no copyright infringements. We will NOT accept any photos not taken by you, unless you have consent from the photographer. Please disclose the photographer in any image you have permission to use.
- Our goal at FIT4MOM is to make sure every mama feels welcome, supported, and loved. The content we choose to publish on our blog + social channels reflects our mission and our values. We will not accept any political submissions; we lean on each other rather than left or right. Our differences make us human, and we all share the same language - love.
- We will edit, reformat, and choose imagery that best fits each submission.
- Your Submitted Content may also be promoted on all or some of FIT4MOM’s social media platforms (Facebook + Instagram + Twitter + Pinterest) however, we expect you to promote your own Submitted Content to drive traffic.
- We are only looking for original work that has NOT been published elsewhere. No work that was written for another blog + website will be considered if you do not fully own the piece and its content entirely.
- Include a title for your article in your submission(s) that is SEO friendly and catchy --- something that would grab your attention.
- Include a one sentence headline with your submission(s).
WHAT TOPICS WE’RE LOOKING FOR SUBMISSIONS ON
- Health + Nutrition for Mama
- Health + Nutrition for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
- Meal Prep for Busy Parents
- Healthy Families (Fitness, Meals, etc.)
- Natural Living
- Ways to de-stress, de-clutter, re-organize, etc….
- Healthy homes (think modern living/eating/dining/routines, etc.)
- Wellness for Mama
- Wellness for Baby
- Wellness for Kids
- Advice to other Moms/Parents
- A Letter to my ________ Series
- - Husband / Spouse / Partner
- - A Letter to Myself
- - A Letter to Myself before I was a Mom
- - A Letter to My Little(s)
- - A Letter to ___________________ (your choice! Be creative!)
- Surviving Motherhood
- Featured articles specific to a month’s theme, if we have one
- Short pieces (articles under 400 words like poetry, quotes, quotable kids, quotable spouses, memes, recipes, etc.)
- Lists & Resources
- Kids’ Say Series...any piece written by your kiddos under 5
- ANY OF YOUR OWN IDEAS/TOPICS NOT LISTED HERE ARE WELCOME AND CONSIDERED
The Submitted Content is original work by YOU and its use by FIT4MOM does not and will not infringe on the intellectual property of any other party.
If your Submitted Content has been previously published, you warrant that FIT4MOM has all rights to use, reuse, post, and re-post the content. If you submit a piece that was originally featured on your own blog or website, we are happy to link back to the original publication if you provide us the URL.
FIT4MOM has the perpetual right to publish and use the Submitted Content from any of our FIT4MOM media and social platforms known and yet to be discovered. FIT4MOM retains the rights and title to your piece and may publish, use it, or resell it.
FIT4MOM does not pay for any work featured, published, or shared.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend FIT4MOM against any and all claims, loss, damages and expenses including reasonable attorneys’ fees (“Damages”), resulting from or arising out of the infringement of any third party intellectual property rights.
FIT4MOM WRITING GUIDELINES:
- We require citing any and all research-based content from a reputable source; scientific journal whenever possible.
- Avoid any questionable sourcing, content, or cliches.
- In general, we follow AP Style guidelines regarding numbers, capitalization, abbreviations, and punctuation, including only one space after a period or colon.
- Numbers under 10, like nine or eight, should be spelled out, except in the case of ages, like a 4-year-old boy, or a girl, 8.
- Be precise, to the point, and clear.
- Avoid using terms like “you see,” or generalizing too frequently.
- Use proper use of there, their, they’re, etc...
- Avoid rhetorical questions.
- Do not indent paragraphs, use major run-on sentences, or make paragraphs too long (longer than 6 sentences).
- Include a title + headline in your submission(s); see more details under “Submissions Policy”.
FIT4MOM COMMENTING GUIDELINES
We LOVE when you comment on other’s work, or pieces you wrote to help grow their reach and help you connect with other readers and contributors. But please keep the following in mind when commenting on articles, whether they are yours or someone else’s:
- FIT4MOM is about creating a loving and supportive environment and community.
- Please be respectful, supportive, and empowering.
- While we encourage discussion, and know you have the right to your own opinion and free speech, please do not disrespect, use profanity, or act maliciously.
- You may not submit or upload content that is defamatory, harassing, threatening, bigoted, hateful, violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise offensive or that harms or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity, whether or not such material is protected by law.
- FIT4MOM is about creating connections, so please jump in and get conversations going!
- We have the right to moderate, monitor, and delete any comment(s).
- FIT4MOM has the right to remove any comment for any reason.
- #themotherhoodisreal and we are all in this thing called motherhood together; please respect and support one another and play nice.
BUT WHY WOULD I WRITE FOR YOU FOR FREE?
FIT4MOM is the leading prenatal and postpartum fitness company focusing on wellness for women, motherhood, and parenthood. As a fast-paced and growing company, we just re-designed and re-launched our blog in December of 2016. We take huge pride in it, and only publish content we are immensely proud of. Other websites and platforms may publish hundreds of articles a day, where we publish articles a few times a week. Because of this, your work stands out and is highlighted on all our social channels without being cluttered by 12381 other articles that day. Our social media channels are growing at over 40% per quarter; we reach over 23k fans on Facebook, over 7k followers on Instagram, over 3k followers on Pinterest, have hundreds of franchise owners, and thousands of members who all have the ability of re-sharing and featuring the content that’s shared on our social platforms. You get published to all our readers, fans, and followers, and your content is exposed to our audience.